Monday, September 28, 2009

the Rhodents' blog!

By Debra Chitadzinga
My name is Debra Chidochemoyo Chitadzinga. I am a female student at Rhodes University South Africa studying towards a BA/LLB, currently in my first year. Zimbabwe is my mother land; I was born and bred there. In appearance I am fair in complexion, long black natural hair, black eyes, medium built, long face, small nose. I am a natural I do not wear make up or jewellery quite reserved and can describe myself as someone who is tolerant, hardworking, thoughtful, opinionated, honest and humble.

I am part of a blog group called the Rhodents’ slice of cheese and it has four members, namely Emily, Abigail, Stephen and my self. Our blog will be concentrated on some interesting commentary and features about life in Grahamstown. Our target audience is primarily Rhodes University students and any journalism students around the world. It particularly looks at the lives of students at Rhodes University who are usually called the “Rhodents”. The blog aims to inform the reader as often as possible about the latest issues that affect Rhodes student; whether directly or indirectly.

These issues vary from the latest news, entertainment, detailed information about upcoming events at the University, politics and even current affairs! It will also comment on other various blogs as it is open to comments and opinions as these will help us to work on our weaknesses and grow. We are aiming to give knowledge to the world and also at the same time receive knowledge from the world. This blog is going to be interesting and very creative, humorous and colourful since it is inspired by purple and it will also have pictures to add life to it. It will also make use of reliable and credible sources therefore it will be authentic.

I view the world as an interesting friendly home for everyone and it also has interesting people that live in it. This blog aims to write about the Rhodes world and all that happens in it. To me journalism is like a bridge between the people and the world around them. It acts as a medium of communication between these two. For one to be a successful journalist he/she has to be in contact with the real world and all that happens in it. Also one needs to be disciplined and passionate in order to be a successful journalism student. I believe that there is so much deception that is going on around that many students are ignorant of. I believe that as a journalist I have that duty to inform my fellow colleagues of what is happening around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment